Desktop version
For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania

Forum rules

This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines
Post a reply

Still looking for a ride from Cynthia Bay early August

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 11:40 am

Anyone travelling from Lake St. Clair to Launceston on the 5th August? Or if anyone is willing to give us a lift, we will happily give you $100 and some good quality conversation. It's the last thing we need and our trip planning will be complete.

Re: Still looking for a ride from Cynthia Bay early August

Sat 20 Jul, 2019 8:55 am

Make it $150... can anyone help out? Hoping to sort something soon as we start walking a week from now.

Sat 20 Jul, 2019 9:38 am

How many of you are there? I can manage two people and their gear but three would be a stretch and more than that not possible.

Sat 20 Jul, 2019 4:22 pm

I might be able help out if NNW can't. Hoping my 'new' car will be fixed next week. It'd be a pleasure to meet you, Sam!!

Sat 20 Jul, 2019 8:39 pm

north-north-west wrote:How many of you are there? I can manage two people and their gear but three would be a stretch and more than that not possible.

There are two of us so we would fit! If you think it will work for you please let me know. Thanks so much for replying, NNW.

Sat 20 Jul, 2019 8:43 pm

Tortoise wrote:I might be able help out if NNW can't. Hoping my 'new' car will be fixed next week. It'd be a pleasure to meet you, Sam!!

Hi Tortoise, if NNW can't then it would be amazing if you are able and willing to take us. It would also be a wonderful pleasure to meet you!

Sun 21 Jul, 2019 9:27 am

PM incoming.

Sat 03 Aug, 2019 12:27 am

Only just spotted this topic - I am in Launceston and happy to be a second backup for Monday 5th if NNW or Tortoise aren't able to pick you up. It's about 2.5 hours from Launceston to Lake St Clair so I will check in again on Monday morning for any update.
Post a reply