Six Foot Track Facebook Page

Chatting about the Six Foot Track

Six Foot Track Facebook Page

Postby geoffmallo » Thu 28 Nov, 2013 9:23 am

The Six Foot Track Website http://www.sixfoottrack.com also has a Facebook page where you can share your stories, images and updates on the current track. https://www.facebook.com/sixfoottrack

Have a look now for some sneak peaks of the new website before it's launched tonight.
geoffmallo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Six Foot Track Facebook Page

Postby Grabeach » Thu 28 Nov, 2013 5:15 pm

Playing the devil's advocate here. I don't understand why a track needs its own forum, especially when it now apparently has its own website and Facebook page.
Grabeach
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby FatCanyoner » Thu 28 Nov, 2013 5:56 pm

Grabeach wrote:Playing the devil's advocate here. I don't understand why a track needs its own forum, especially when it now apparently has its own website and Facebook page.

I tend to agree Graeme. Although I don't think you or I are the target audience. It's aimed much more at amateur bushwalkers from what I can tell. And given that target audience, I understand why they've done the project on the Six Foot Track. It is well known and a good entry-level walk, with a level of notoriety / popularity / recognition that will drive traffic to the website. But personally I think it's probably the ugliest multi-day bushwalk in the Blue Mountains. It's certainly not something I'd spend three days of my life walking!
FatCanyoner
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.FatCanyoners.org www.CanyonGear.com.au

Postby Onestepmore » Thu 28 Nov, 2013 8:21 pm

Launch night tonight for a new book on the track
We can learn a lot from crayons. They come in different shapes and colours, but they all have to live in the same box
Onestepmore
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lizzy » Fri 29 Nov, 2013 3:04 am

Agree- why have its own forum? Surely a thread would do.....
Lizzy
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Lindsay » Sat 30 Nov, 2013 1:45 pm

Isn't that Caro, aka Lotsafreshair in the videos at the website link?
Lindsay
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby frenchy_84 » Sat 30 Nov, 2013 2:06 pm

Grabeach wrote:Playing the devil's advocate here. I don't understand why a track needs its own forum, especially when it now apparently has its own website and Facebook page.

Self promotion of their book and website and blogs. Usually it would go under specials and adverts...
frenchy_84
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby wildwalks » Sat 07 Dec, 2013 6:21 pm

Hey guys
Happy the chat more about the idea of this sub forum.
The original idea was to have a separate forum on the six foot track site, but it seemed silly when there was this space.
It is clearly not to promote the website or book as most of the users here are not the target audience of the six foot track. If it was intended as an ad it is a pretty crappy ad.
The hope is that as people do the 6ft and get a feel for this community that they might hang around learn some stuff and get more into walking.
The reason for a sub forum and not just a thread is allow people to keep each thread specific to questions of the track.
The six foot track is a very popular track for people new to overnight walking in NSW, so just trying to make a space more welcoming to people new to this space.

Matt :)
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW

Postby Onestepmore » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 9:32 am

Maybe move previously written track reports from the general NSW section to here, so all the Six Foot Track info is in the one place?
We can learn a lot from crayons. They come in different shapes and colours, but they all have to live in the same box
Onestepmore
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 17 Dec, 2013 2:11 pm

It's 2013 and for any subject that can evoke a love or hate relationship with people, there will be a site, FB page, Twitter account for it. :mrgreen:

Edit: I should add "make money" to the list.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Walkingtwobytwo » Fri 29 Jan, 2016 11:43 am

Hi guys. Just reading through about the Six Foot Track was thinking of walking it in April but now after reading this I'm thinking maybe it's not such a great trail and I should look for something better. I'm planning to explore the Blue Mountains with a friend. I'm quite experienced at hiking and bushwalking and love to camp out. Can anyone prehaps suggest a trail that is suited. I have up to 8 days walking free but keen to explore the coast a bit as well while I'm in NSW. Suggestions would be great thanks. :D
Walkingtwobytwo
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Western Australia

Postby Xplora » Sun 31 Jan, 2016 5:30 am

Walkingtwobytwo wrote:Hi guys. Just reading through about the Six Foot Track was thinking of walking it in April but now after reading this I'm thinking maybe it's not such a great trail and I should look for something better. I'm planning to explore the Blue Mountains with a friend. I'm quite experienced at hiking and bushwalking and love to camp out. Can anyone prehaps suggest a trail that is suited. I have up to 8 days walking free but keen to explore the coast a bit as well while I'm in NSW. Suggestions would be great thanks. :D

You may get a better response by starting a new topic in the NSW section and not in this specific section. The 6 foot is a good intro walk for people and it does have some interesting things. Kanangra to Katoomba is a better walk but more difficult to organise transport. The coast walk from Otford to Bundeena is a nice day and a half and you can catch a train to the start and then get the ferry at the end to get back to your car. Need to book the campsites. Budawangs, Monolith Valley and the Castle a bit further south also provide good scenic walking. Grose Valley has plenty of walks as well and many can be done as a circuit but there is always a good climb out. Pearce's pass from the Bells Line of road has good access to Blue Gum forest but you have to walk out the same way. Camping is further along at Acacia flat.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Six Foot Track