Indonesia: Mt Rinjani via Torean route

Discussion of Bushwalking, Hiking, Trekking, Tramping, Rambling and Camping elsewhere around the world.

Indonesia: Mt Rinjani via Torean route

Postby aden94 » Thu 12 Mar, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

I will be going to Indonesia in June (first 3 weeks) and I am planning to summit Mount Rinjani via Senggiggi and descend via the Torean Route (apparently less touristy jungly trail).
Has anyone here done this before? What's the feedback?

I will probably have to go with a guide as I am by myself and have no clue about this place.
Was looking at this for 250USD with The rinjani trekking club, supposedly one of the better companies.
Day 01: Senggigi – Sembalun Village – Second rim ( Sembalun crater )
Early morning at 05.30 am drive to sembalun village ( it take around 3 hrs), and then start for the beginning of 7 hrs challenging days. We walk through the savannah, with tremendous opportunities for viewing wildlife. Lunch in the route (base Camp III), Camp make on the second Rim (Sembalun Crater).

Day 02: Second rim ( Sembalun crater ) – Summit - Lake ( Segara Anak )
From the crater, early morning (about 03.00 am) commence the climb with Guide Team ascend the Summit of Mt. Rinjani (3.726m a.s.l.), it takes about 3 hours. After the obligatory photographs and enjoy the spectacular panorama descend to crater (the camp). After having lunch, going down to Segara Anak Lake, it takes about 3-4 hours. Then overnight around lake. (You may have fishing in the Lake).

Day 03: Lake – Torean Villages
After breakfast, enjoy the beautiful panorama in Segara Anak Lake. Then we taking back to Torean Village, on the way we visit the steaming milk caves ( lunch will prepare by porter in route). About 4 o'clock afternoon, you will be arriving at Torean Village. Then Drive to senggigi.

Anyone in the area at that time keen to join in?
aden94
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Indonesia: Mt Rinjani via Torean route

Postby lamejorieva » Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:20 am

Hey,

Have you considered trekking without a guide? A friend and I will be doing Rinjani via Torean route this June (~16th-19th) as well. However, we're not taking a guide (did our research, no need to try and change our minds :D ). We have researched that many locals are doing it and it shouldn't be that complicated to find the route. It is not officially legal but there is no checkpoint there or anything.
lamejorieva
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Other Country

Re: Indonesia: Mt Rinjani via Torean route

Postby aden94 » Wed 29 Apr, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for your reply lamejorieva.
Did you find maps or descriptions for the itinerary?
I could not find a lot of info online.
Will you register the national park?
aden94
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Return to International