Conodale Range Great Walk Trip Report

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Conodale Range Great Walk Trip Report

Postby canthardlywait » Tue 01 Dec, 2015 8:52 pm

A couple of weekends ago I did the Conodale Range Great Walk in SE QLD. You can read about it here for a full trip report.

It was the first great walk I've done in Queensland, and although a pretty rough time of year to do it, there was some cool stuff to see along the way (waterfalls, etc).

Lots and lots of leeches though! I would have counted 50 plus around my ankles at one stage and am still dealing with the itchiness from it! A few good pics on the blog.

Cheers
canthardlywait
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Re: Conodale Range Great Walk Trip Report

Postby weighty walker » Sat 05 Dec, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks. Great trip report. I have heard the Connondales are leech city during the warmer months. We did it in 2013 in June no leeches at all but too chilly to swim as well .
Thanks for the memories. Glad you all enjoyed it.
weighty walker
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby deadwood » Thu 10 Dec, 2015 9:06 pm

Nice report - hate them leeches though. November/December is a courageous time to go for a multi-day walk in Queensland. Am I correct in recalling that you need a 4wd to get to the trail head?
deadwood
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby canthardlywait » Fri 11 Dec, 2015 9:21 am

deadwood wrote:Nice report - hate them leeches though. November/December is a courageous time to go for a multi-day walk in Queensland. Am I correct in recalling that you need a 4wd to get to the trail head?

Thanks - yep at times I questioned why we were doing it haha. We got dropped to the start by the owner of the bellbird creek cafe (http://www.bellbirdcreek.com/). He's a really friendly guy, who drops walkers to and from Booloumba Creek. If there hasn't been any rain about you could definitely take a 2wd through, but if it's the wet season you could come across problems with getting out. From the drop off point it's only a kilometre or 2 to the trail head.
canthardlywait
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to QLD Trip Reports & Track Notes