Transport

Chatting about the Six Foot Track

Transport

Postby Ant71 » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi all Just wondered where is a good place to leave a car in Katoomba and what are the best transport back to Katoomba TIA
Ant71
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Transport

Postby Xplora » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 4:48 am

I have only ever left my car in the carpark at the start of the walk. Found a note on the windscreen once - 'are you OK'. Seems locals there look out for you but we were away longer than normal because we stayed a night at Caves House then walked back to the car from Jenolan. Not sure how I would reply to the note if I was not OK. As there is no public transport back most drop a car at the other end but I am sure someone will have a better option.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Transport

Postby johnw » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 11:45 pm

From memory I parked near the Gearin Hotel, probably in the railway carpark. We took the bus to Jenolan and walked back to Katoomba, but you can get transport in either direction. Needs to be booked AFAIK. See http://www.trolleytours.com.au/scenic-bushwalks/

"ATTENTION BUSHWALKERS

ONE WAY TRANSFERS are available for Bushwalkers at Katoomba, Jenolan Caves and Blackheath.
One way transfer: Katoomba to Jenolan Caves:
Cost: $45 per person. (Max 57 people)

Departs at 10.35am. Please make your way to the Trolley Shoppe in Main St Katoomba (opposite railway station) by 10.20am. Note: This does not include entry into the Caves.
(NO COACH CHRISTMAS DAY)

Book Online
One way transfer: Jenolan Caves to Katoomba:
Cost: $45 per person. (Max 57 people)

Coach departs 3.30 pm outside the Guides Office at Jenolan Caves. Please arrive 15 mins before departure. Note: This does not include entry into the Caves.
(NO COACH CHRISTMAS DAY)
"
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Six Foot Track