Overland track, either direction 6th-13th June?

For people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track in Tasmania
Forum rules
This forum is for people seeking walking companions or transport for the Overland Track. There is a separate forum to find walking companions and transport for other walking areas.

1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

Overland track, either direction 6th-13th June?

Postby carryless » Thu 18 Jan, 2018 9:49 am

Hey everyone, My partner and I are doing the overland track starting on the 6thish June, finishing on the 13thish June. Is there anyone driving from Launceston to Cradle Mountain/Lake Sinclair on the 4/5/6th of June or going from Cradle Mountain/Lake Sinclair to Launceston on the 11/12/13th June and will have a couple of seats spare?
We will likely get transport with Overland track transport to Lake Sinclair on the 6th and with McDermott's Coaches from Cradle Mountain on the 13th and walk in reverse if we can't get a lift from someone here. Happy to pay fuel costs of course.
carryless
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Re: Overland track, either direction 6th-13th June?

Postby walkmanjams99 » Tue 30 Apr, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi carryless, I saw your post and just thought I'd throw you a shout. I plan on doing the OT June 1 - June 6/7, and am currently looking into booking transport as well. If your timeline is flexible at all and you'd be up for moving up your trip I'd be happy to share the transit costs with you and your partner (I'd offer to change mine to match yours but I'm coming from the US and my flight is already booked). If that's of any interest let me know - otherwise good luck with your trek!
walkmanjams99
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australia

Return to Find Companions or Transport for the Overland Track