Coxs River Conditions

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Coxs River Conditions

Postby Hoojar » Tue 29 Mar, 2022 2:33 pm

I am currently assessing walking options for the ANZAC Day long weekend to head into Splendour Rock. I was thinking of walking the Six Foot Track to the Coxs River, and the following the Coxs downstream to Breakfast Creek, and then up via Knights Deck. I have not walked this section of the Coxs River, and am wondering if anyone has been there recently and knows if there is even any track left after the fires and floods of the last several summers. How long would you suggest it would take a fit walker to go along there?

ANZAC Day a few years back I walked along the Coxs from Breakfast Creek to Yellow Pup and that section was super fast, we left Dunphy's at noon and were at Konangaroo by dinner.

Thanks!
Hoojar
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Coxs River Conditions

Postby irrgent » Tue 03 May, 2022 9:24 pm

A bit of a late response for what you were looking for but I was in the area attempting a day walk to Knights Deck recently. I was amazed at how much worse the regrowth has gotten in just the last year or so since I was last in the area. It was fine in Breakfast Creek and up the spur of Cattle Dog Ridge but once on the top of the ridge it was extremely slow going. Gave up on Knights Deck and headed towards the K2K route below Mt Warrigal which at least is still easy to follow and not completely overgrown. Anyone heading into the area should allow for lots of extra time and be prepared for much tougher conditions than normal. Hopefully in a few years the scrub won't be so bad.
irrgent
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT