Trangia and Sistema Portion Pods

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Trangia and Sistema Portion Pods

Postby jwpfox » Wed 04 May, 2022 6:46 pm

In case anyone else is looking for an option to hold a Trangia alcohol stove.

I found these Sistema brand "portion pods" at the supermarket:
https://sistemaplastics.com/products/to-go/210ml-portionpod-2-pack-to-go

Have found that they are a near perfect fit for a Trangia stove.

A bit of carbon felt or some scourer pad inside the lid makes for a solid, rattle-proof, carry. The pad also works to soak up any small leakage from the stove if that occurs.

It's foodsafe HDPE so good for alcohol storage.

Keeps the taste of the fuel out of my cooking set and in a way I prefer to the plastic bag option. Obviously a plastic bag is cheaper, lighter etc. and for those who prefer that option all power to you. I just prefer a solid container because that's my preference.

Additional good news for me is the fact that the portion pods fit nicely inside a Stanley Adventure Two Cup Set:
https://www.stanley1913.com/products/adventure-the-nesting-two-cup-cook-set

Anyway thought this coincidence of sizing might be of interest to someone else.
IMG_1022_a.jpg
Sistema Pods
IMG_1020.jpg
open
IMG_1021.jpg
closed
jwpfox
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Trangia and Sistema Portion Pods

Postby boldy » Sun 10 Jul, 2022 7:55 pm