The ****INN set of sales pages?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 29 May, 2022 2:05 pm

As in TrekINN etc.
The site has Berghaus Attak Supergaiters listed at a reasonable price and I have been half thinking about getting a set for my new larger winter boots but I know nothing about the business.
Any feedback? Anybody used the sites?
https://www.tradeinn.com/trekkinn/en?_g ... lsrc=aw.ds
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: The ****INN set of sales pages?

Postby michael_p » Sun 29 May, 2022 2:29 pm

Not used them myself but online reviews are a mixed bag by the looks of it:
https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/trekkinn
https://au.trustpilot.com/review/trekkinn.com
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 29 May, 2022 4:02 pm

Might give them a miss then
Thought it might be too good to be true
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby JohnnoMcJohnno » Sun 29 May, 2022 8:22 pm

I bought a rain jacket from them back in 2020. It arrived promptly, no issues, no problems. I'd happily use them again.
JohnnoMcJohnno
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby RonK » Mon 30 May, 2022 6:52 am

I have bought cycling gear and parts from them, and would not hesitate to use them again.
RonK
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Queensland

Postby CBee » Mon 30 May, 2022 7:58 am

Got a pair of glacier glasses. No issues that I remember.
CBee

Region: Queensland

Postby johnw » Mon 30 May, 2022 9:02 am

I bought a wallet from them last year. Unusual place to buy it but no one else had what I wanted. No problems, I would use them again. In fact I just spotted something of interest. Postage took a little longer than expected but I could say that about most things I've bought online since the pandemic started.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby johnrs » Mon 30 May, 2022 10:51 am

Used them over the years for a variety of gear, no issues at all.
John
johnrs

Postby Walk_fat boy_walk » Tue 31 May, 2022 6:04 am

Same as above comments... never had an issue with them. Acknowledge that it has a dodgy feel about it though, although hard to put my finger on why

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Walk_fat boy_walk
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby johnw » Tue 31 May, 2022 12:22 pm

I actually just ordered an ultralight Granite Gear 40 L packable duffle from Trekinn for an upcoming trip by air.
I'm only taking carry on and want to maximise the internal weight available for actual gear.
Hopefully a similar experience as previous. So far all good, ETA between 14 and 20 June.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Neo » Tue 31 May, 2022 9:30 pm

Bought some Altra shoes from TrekInn once, no dramas. Think they came from overseas stock without much delay.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby johnw » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 3:42 pm

johnw wrote:I actually just ordered an ultralight Granite Gear 40 L packable duffle from Trekinn for an upcoming trip by air.
I'm only taking carry on and want to maximise the internal weight available for actual gear.
Hopefully a similar experience as previous. So far all good, ETA between 14 and 20 June.

My Granite Gear bag arrived yesterday, right on the low end of the ETA. Tracking indicated sent by PostNL (Netherlands Post).
All good, happy with purchase. My second *INN order, I'll use them again if they have what I need.
John W

johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby north-north-west » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 4:02 pm

I tried. Had to cancel the order because, despite advertiisiing a particular item, they didn't actually have it nor were they able to get it in the foreseeable future.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby johnw » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 3:33 pm

north-north-west wrote:I tried. Had to cancel the order because, despite advertising a particular item, they didn't actually have it nor were they able to get it in the foreseeable future.

That's disappointing NNW, I assume you were refunded? *INN is a platform of sellers, handpicked according to the site owner, but you can never eliminate the risk of online shopping.
Like several bad experiences I've had on eBay this year, admittedly with fairly low cost items. And I did manage to get refunds on all.
John W

johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby north-north-west » Sat 18 Jun, 2022 9:57 am

johnw wrote:That's disappointing NNW, I assume you were refunded?

Oh yeah, refund lobbed into the account two days later so that's not bad. It's just frustrating because they had an item I really wanted and couldn't find anywhere else. Waiting a month or so extra would have been fine, but there was no guarantee the thing would have ever turned up.

I can't complain about the service. Order processed quickly, plenty of communication about the problem, easy cancellation, quick refund. I've had more issues doing the same thing with bigger and better known companies.

eta: I'm having another go; they have those Fjallraven Abisko leggings under $200 inc delivery. That's too good a deal to pass up (as long as they're legit).
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby Tino B » Thu 30 Jun, 2022 11:58 pm

I’ve bought heaps of hiking, climbing and ski gear from the various INN websites and always got great prices, good service and ok delivery - they consolidate to central depots before sending them.
Tino B
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby slparker » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 4:20 pm

Ditto -I have bought shoes and clothes through them.

The only problem I have experienced is in trying to return something that did not fit.
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Biggles » Thu 14 Jul, 2022 2:23 pm

Consider Sea to Summit Quagmire gaiters. Just as robust. No need for overshoe/undersole sealing unless you are summiting K2!

I was a prolific user of Berghaus equipment in the 1980s, including the original Yeti (Attak) over-shoe/undersole sealing gaiter, writing reviews for clubs and WILD of gaiters, packs, beanies and coats/shellwear, but the quality always left a lot to be desired, despite favourable first impressions. At the time, the seams joining rubber to fabric on the Yetis were prone to weakness and failure from repeated exposure to water and mud. These gaiters, by way of their sealing can result in a huge build up of sweat and by association, blisters, because there is just no breathing point with full leather boots. They certainly are impenetrable, and if you're heading up to K2, by all means go for them, otherwise that extreme amount of engineering, cost and grunt to get them on and off is pure overkill.

Early iterations of Berghaus GoreTex were poorly QCd, with parting tape-sealings, failing stitching and irregular fit. Packs were on the heavy and unnecessarily basic and cumbersome side (first pack was a 22L khaki green affair that saw 2 summits of Mount Bogong before the unreinforced base came away). Have not purchased anything of Berghaus since the dawning of the 1990s.
“Is é comhrá faoin aimsir an tearmann deiridh ag an duine gan samhlaíocht.”
—Oscar Wilde, 1890.
Biggles
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby johnw » Thu 14 Jul, 2022 3:08 pm

Biggles wrote:Consider Sea to Summit Quagmire gaiters. Just as robust. No need for overshoe/undersole sealing unless you are summiting K2!...

Wrong thread?
John W

johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment