Starting just above the Tyers River Pumping Station, in the Wirilda Environment Park in Yallourn North, this walk leads to the Moondarra Dam and back via the Wirilda Walking Track. Meandering along the Tyers River, this walk winds through open forests and provides wonderful views of the river and the lovely vegetation throughout. The track is well signed, and there are many red arrows along the way that indicate the right direction. This is quite a challenging walk, with some very steep sections that can be slippery in wet conditions. There are some river crossings which are normally dry, but may fill up with water after heavy rains. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.