The La La Falls Walk starts near the end of Irruka Road, Warburton, visiting the waterfall and returning via The La La Falls Walk. Enjoy this scenic hike up to the La La Falls, through lush landscapes of tall Mountain Ash forest, amidst the peaceful sounds of birdsong and constant rushing water. Along the trail you may also encounter a variety of animals such as the Crimson Rosella, the Laughing Kookaburra and the Lyrebird, some of the most treasured birds in the Yarra State Forest. There is a constant incline leading right up to the picturesque falls, but it is well worth it. For a particularly impressive view, visit after heavy rainfall when there is maximum flow over the falls. There is a picnic area at the start of the track to La La Falls, and a large car park. There are however no facilities at the falls themselves. Pets are permitted in the area, but please note that they must be kept on a lead at all times. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.