Starting from Binya Forest Drive this walk offers a great array of wildlife. Walking through pine forest you may stumble upon kangaroos, echidnas and plenty of birds. Stop at Oscars Lookout before heading to the top to enjoy the views over Murrumbidgee River and surrounds. Let us begin by acknowledging the Wiradjuri people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.