Starting from Ferny Creek War Memorial, just meters away from the parking area at the start of Sherbrook Road, this short return walk heads along Hackett/Lloyds Track toward the falls. Surrounded by tall trees and lush ferns you can enjoy the fresh air and listen to the creek as it flows near by. The track can be muddy after rain so bring sturdy shoes. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.