This short loop walk takes you along a historic bullock route through Brimbin Nature Reserve, just north of Taree. Check the signage to learn more about the history of this place and the fascinating story of Isabella Mary Kelly. The walk is very well established with sections of timber boardwalk and bridges over the creeks. Let us begin by acknowledging the Biripi & Worimi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.