Starting from the Evercreech Forest Reserve at the end of Egans Road, Mathinna, this walk takes you through a forest of white gums known as the 'White Knights'. Enjoy a quick and easy stroll amongst the majestic white gums of Evercreech, the tallest of their type in Australia. Known as the 'White Knights', these towering eucalyptus trees are over 90 metres tall and some are believed to be over 300 years old. A well-maintained walking track passes beneath the trees before climbing a hill to provide a more elevated view of the forest. Facilities at the reserve include barbecues, toilets, sheltered tables and park benches. You can also stay overnight at the free campground, where there are several flat campsites with fire pits. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.