Starting from the dirt car park in Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, this return walk takes you to Gillie Gorge and back. You can enjoy the views of the reflective pool in Dillie Gorge sitting on the sandy bank. The pool is relatively shallow but wide, which makes it suitable for swimming as well. Additionally, it is possible to do kayaking here; you can book at the Charnley River Wilderness Camp office beforehand and carry the paddles with you to the gorge. There can be rocky and uneven sections and steps along the path. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.