Starting from Burrong Falls Car Park, Zumsteins, this return walk takes you to Burrong Falls and back. Burrong Falls has a multitiered seasonal waterfall system with the sections of water trickling down one over the other. You can enjoy the waterfall, especially after Spring rain, while sitting alongside the paddling pools and refreshing under the freshwater. The path to the waterfall can be steep and rocky in certain sections, so you might want to wear hiking shoes or a suitable pair of sneakers. Additionally, The last 20metres of the walk features a downhill to the falls through a dense bush setting, which can be tricky to pass through. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.