Starting from the Kokta Gorge car park in Mount Augustus National Park, this walk takes you on a stroll through a shady grove of river red gums. The walk also offers visitors a chance to observe the wild birds in the area as the grove of river red gums is pretty expansive and creates a suitable habitat for them. The trail is short, but there can be slippery and short steep sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.