Starting from the dirt car park on Home Valley Road, Kimberley, this walk takes you on a circuit, visiting Meteorite Valley Lookout along the way. You can enjoy the spectacular views of the Cockburn Ranges and the meteorite crater after you traverse in between savannah woodland. It is also possible to see colourful spinifex pigeons and red-tailed cockatoos. The crocodiles sunbathe around the bank as well! There are amenities for visitors at Home Valley station. The trail can be rocky and a little steep at certain sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.