Starting from the car park on Styx Road, Styx Big Tree Forest Reserve, this walk takes you on a circuit along the Styx Big Tree Walk and the Styx River Walk. Located in the heart of the Styx Valley, the Big Tree Reserve protects some of Tasmania's largest trees, the towering Eucalyptus regnans, many of which are taller than 90 metres and over 400 years old. The reserve features a short loop through lush rainforest, passing several giant trees marked with informative signs. The gravel and boardwalk track is mostly flat and very easy to navigate, with viewing platforms and seating along the way. Toilets and information boards are located at the trailhead. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.