Starting at the Fernshaw Picnic Area on Maroondah Highway, Fernshaw, this walk leads to the Dom Dom Saddle Picnic Area and back via the Morley Walking Track and Road 8. This hike weaves its way through beautiful scenery with some great views, passing through ferns and Mountain Ash on a clear and well-formed track. The track has plenty of signage and is fairly easy to navigate. There are two spacious car parks at either end of the track with picnic tables, barbecues and toilet facilities, which can be easily accessed from Maroondah Highway. This walk has three very steep and challenging sections, which can be slippery in wet conditions. The track may also be slightly overgrown in places, with obstacles such as ferns, fallen trees, branches and bark. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.