Starting from the car park off Dampier Avenue, Erskine, this walk takes you on a circuit in Len Howard Conservation Park. The park is known for the wide variety of wildlife and the tranquillity it offers while being close to the urban setting. You can observe the insects, kangaroos and quendas along with the birdlife; special migratory waders visiting during summer. As you walk around the freshwater pools, you will see that the plantation in the area is remarkable as well, varying from wildflowers to fungi. It is suitable for all family members and dog friendly(on leash). There are seats provided along the trail and a toilet at the car park. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.