Starting from the Springlawn Visitor Centre on Bakers Beach Road, Bakers Beach, this walk leads to Point Vision via the Bird Hide, Springlawn Lagoon, and Point Vision tracks. This walk takes you to the highest accessible summit of the Asbestos Range, and provides stunning coastal views across the Port Sorell estuary. The walk follows a clear and well-marked fire trail. The beginning takes you through gorgeous grassy, open wetlands before becoming quite steep on the way to the forested summit. Make sure to take the time to stop, rest and enjoy views across the park and distant ranges along your way. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.