Starting from Ngamadjidj Shelter Carpark, Laharum, this walk takes you on a circuit around the area visiting Ngamadjidj Shelter. You can enjoy the fascinating aboriginal art in different sections throughout your walk and learn about the cultural heritage and the paintings delineating various white figures. The walk is short and suitable for most fitness levels with a flat sand surface. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.