Starting from Mungo National Park Information Centre this circuit walk leads past the Meeting Place across the shoreline of ancient Lake Mungo. Follow the explanatory signs to learn about the area and check the replicas of ancient human footprints when back at the Meeting Place where you can have a picnic. Let us begin by acknowledging the Mutthi Mutthi, Paakantyi & Ngiampa people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.