Starting from Kurrajong Campground, Purnululu, this walk takes you on a circuit around Kurrajong Campground. The limestone walk offers you panoramic views of the Bungle Bungle Range, which was formed some 350 million years ago. The open plains are home to Kimberley savannah woodland and beautiful yellow kapok flowers scattered around. The campsite makes access easier to the view, making it a suitable place for photographers. The temperatures can get very hot (up to 50 degrees), you might want to prefer a morning or a late afternoon walk with plenty of water with you. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.