Starting From Troopers Creek Campground, Roses Gap, this return walk takes you to a number of seasonal waterfalls via Gar Waterfalls Walk trail. As you walk along the path, the views of Mount Difficult surrounds you from above and in front. To have the best experience out of this walk, you can visit the area after heavy rainfall or during the wet season, when the intensity of the flow increases. There are rock steps, creeks, slippery areas and cliff edges without fences, so a certain amount of bushwalking experience can be useful. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.