Starting from Paruna Sanctuary, Gidgegannup, this walk takes you on a circuit around the area. This is the easiest of three trails in the Paruna Wildlife Sanctuary. You can enjoy views along the Avon River Valley through the walk, with ancient rock formations scattered throughout the spectacular woodland. As the wildlife is pretty rich, you can be ready to have small encounters, especially with croaking frogs during the winter months of June, July and August. You can follow the beige markers depicting a possum at turns and junctions while you traverse. It is also suitable for all fitness levels. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.