Starting from Jimmy Creek Campground, Mafeking, this walk takes you on a circuit around the Grampians area. You can enjoy the views of Victoria and mount William Range through the trees while you are walking inside the tranquil forest. The area hosts wildflowers, especially orchids, for the enthusiast. Additionally, a wide range of rock formations can be found around the area, which makes it suitable for wildlife photography as well. There are occasional steps and hills, but a moderate amount of fitness is enough to complete the trail. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.