Starting from Mulligan Bay, Hinchinbrook Island, this walk takes you to Mulligan Falls and back via Thorsborne Trail. After a rather undemanding walk from the beach, you can reach Mulligan Falls, which is formed by Diamantina Creek. The pool is situated beneath a magnificent rock, and it is deep enough for a swim to clear off the dust and sweat after the walk. Mulligan Campsite is pretty close to the falls if you are planning to stay. Access to the upper side of the falls and the rock is restricted due to safety reasons. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.