Starting from the Haven Campsite, Hinchinbrook Island, this walk takes you on a short circuit around the campsite. You can go on a small adventure as you explore the creeks and tributaries in the area while you traverse through a mixed forest of licuala palms along the creek. There are useful facilities at the campsite, including a BBQ and a picnic area with toilets. If the tide is low, you can go and see the remnants of an Aboriginal fish trap at the southern end of the area as well. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.