Starting from the parking area at the end of Mersey Hill Road, Mole Creek, this walk leads to the Alum Cliffs lookout via the Alum Cliffs Track. This short and easy return walk gets you there with relative ease, having only one gentle climb at the beginning of the trail. The track is well defined and passes through dry forest and open bushland, stopping by a commissioned timber sculpture along the way. You can also combine this walk with a visit to the Mole Creek Caves. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.