Starting from the car park off Victoria Valley Road, Dunkeld, this return walk takes you to The Piccaninny and back. The path to the summit is surrounded by grevillea and banksia that bloom in spring, and it provides you with a serene experience as you traverse. When you reach the summit, enjoy the panoramic views of Mount Abrupt and Dunkeld. On the way back, do not forget to check out the vistas of Mount Sturgeon. It can be a viable walk for a short climb, but there are certain steeper sections that require a moderate amount of fitness. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.