From Bushwalk Australia
Places to Visit & Things to See
There are several categories on the Wiki that provide lists of places to visit.
These are places of interest to bushwalkers. These places either don't easily fit into one of the other Categories, or are listed both in the both a State Category and also in one of the Categories below. Tasmanian High Peaks and Tasmanian Not-so-high peaks will be places that match entries on their respective lists.
There is also a list of Tasmanian waterfalls, but waterfalls and huts could be listed in their respective categories as well as in a State Category.
Although Categories have not yet been created for all States, this can easily be done as the need arises by click the link below.
Links to Categories with Places to Visit
Mountains & High Peaks
There are two separate categories. High Places are Australian Peaks, Bluffs, Ridges, Crags and the like above 1000m, and Not-So-High Places, those between 300m and 1000m.
- Information on Peak Bagging.
- List of Tasmanian High Places - sortable table of all Tasmania's Peaks over 1000m.
- The Tasmanian High Places Map - showing the location of all High Places in Tasmania.
- List of Tasmanian Not-So-High Places - sortable table of all Tasmania's Not-So-High Places.
- The Tasmanian Not-So-High Places Map - showing their locations in Tasmania.
- Peak Photo Gallery - thumbnail photos of Peaks with links.
Information about the many wonderful Waterfalls found in Australia.
- Waterfalls (Category Listing)
Huts & Shelters
Here's one for the Hut Baggers! A list of Huts with descriptions.
- Bushwalking / High Country Huts and Shelters (Category)