Starting from Christmas Tree Car Park, Bedfordale, this walk gives you a tour of Bungendore Park via the Honeyeater Hike track. A quiet dog-friendly journey that is home to a wide range of animals and wildflowers, this park is the go-to weekend destination for many locals. You'll get to see (and hear) many creatures, from kangaroos and Rosenberg monitors to Tree Martins and many cockatoo species such as the Carnaby Black Cockatoo. Marri trees and Wilson's Grevillea shrub will surround you throughout the track. Keep an eye out for yellow 'Honeyeater Hike' directional signs. Please keep your dogs on a leash and use the dieback prevention stations. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.