Starting from the car park on Tingle Drive, Walpole, this walk takes you to Coalmine Beach Holiday Park via Bibbulmun Track. The walk commences from the Giant Tingle Tree with a girth of 24m, the largest-girthed living eucalypt known in the world and allows visitors to enjoy panoramic views of Nornalup Inlet and the Southern Ocean. Visitors then descend to Coalmine Beach on the shores of the Walpole and Nornalup Inlets Marine Park. The area is host to a number of splendid karri and red tingles, which are a feast for the eye during springtime. The walk can be completed as a return as well. Some bushwalking experience is required; the track can have short steep sections and rough surfaces. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.