Starting from car park just off Freestone Creek Road, VIC, this circuit walk takes you past a picnic area to cross the Freestone Creek twice. Stop along the way for a swim in the cool water. There's also the Peregrine Lookout along the way so if you're lucky you'll see some Peregrines therer. You can stay the night at the Blue Pools Campground which has toilets and picnic area. But you can also walk north to Froam Campsite for a picnic with BBQs. No toilets there though. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.