Starting from the Gosse Hill car park on Bucks Camp Track, Ngarkat, this walk takes you to the summit of Gosse Hill and back via the Gosse Hill Hike. This short, moderately easy walk takes walkers to the summit of Gosse Hill in the southwestern corner of Ngarkat Conservation Park, showcasing the park's characteristic mallee health vegetation and offering spectacular views across the low hills and open country of the park's interior. A variety of birds can be seen along the trail in spring, as well as colourful displays of wildflowers. Western grey kangaroos and emus are also commonly seen in the park. This walk consists of narrow walking trails with uneven natural surfaces and short steep hills, suitable for average fitness levels. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.