Starting from German Church Road (in front of Mt Cotton Sewage Treatment Plant), Mount Cotton, this circuit gives you a taste of the mostwestern parts of Bayview Conservation Park. The Grass Trees Western Circuit is a picturesque walk offering delightful views of the grass trees and colourful wildflowers, particularly in spring. The park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including wallabies and cockatoos, making for an exciting natural experience. This track offers a peaceful experience in nature without the need to drive for hours if you're living in Brisbane/Logan City. Although some parts of the track can be quite rutted, it is still a fine option for bushwalkers and dog owners looking for an on-leash track. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.