Starting from Fern Tree Park off Huon Road, Fern Tree, this track takes you to Neika via the Pipeline Track. Many locals use this relatively flat and shaded track to travel between the two locations as it is much less boring than the concrete path. Tall tree ferns, refreshing creek crossings and historic places like the Fern Tree Bower along the way make this journey quite worthwhile. The historic picnic site (Fern Tree Bower) used to be quite popular, and you can read all about it from the interpretive signs. Another point of interest you'll pass by is the Wishing Well. Make a wish if you feel like it. Come springtime and you can see heaps of wildflowers, including rhododendrons. Dogs are allowed on leash. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.