Starting from the Lol Gray picnic area, Dryandra, this walk takes you on a circuit in Dryandra Woodland. It passes through a part of the Lol Gray trail, following the old telegraph line, and offers visitors an opportunity to see a variety of wildflowers, including woolly bush and pea flowers and the heathlands of banksia. Additionally, walkers can spot where pygmy possums and honeyeater birds that find the flowers in the area irresistible. The walk initially descents, and there are only short, steep and uneven sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.