Starting from Christmas Tree Car Park, Bedfordale, this circuit walk gives you a little tour of the eastern parts of Bungendore Park, passing by Southern Hills Christian College along the way. Listen for New Holland honeyeaters and western spinebills as you make your way through casuarina trees and parrot bush. You may even spot them on trees if you manage not to scare them off. The track is marked with red signs and is quite sturdy. Please keep your dogs on a leash and use the dieback prevention stations. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.