Starting from the Ingalalla Falls car park off Hay Flat Road, Hay Flat, this walk takes you to Ingalalla Falls and back. Situated in the Second Valley Forest Reserve, this short family-friendly walk follows a 300 metre trail alongside a creek to Ingalalla Falls, a two-tiered waterfall that cascades into the rock pool below. The walk begins at a large picnic area with excellent facilities, passing several picnic tables along the way, providing great spots to relax and enjoy the environment. Following the creek upstream, the walk crosses a couple of small wooden bridges before reaching the base of the falls, which are best seen after heavy rains. This walk consists of flat, well-maintained walking trails, suitable for all ages and fitness levels. The upper tiers of Ingalalla Falls are difficult to reach, as the trail is very steep and slippery. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.