Starting from the car park on Pump Hill Road, Pemberton, this walk takes you to the top of Pump Hill. This walk is considered to be one of the most effortless and best within the Pemberton Mountain Bike Park; it traverses through the stunning Karri forest and is actually an old railway corridor. The trail is uphill only for bikers, but hikers can use it in both directions. From the top of the trail, visitors can enjoy the views, and bikers can access other ascending trails such as Longshanks and Drop Bear; or they can head over to the west side of Pump Hill Road via Down Dale. There are gentle hilly sections for hikers, and the texture is formed. The trail is suitable for beginner/novice mountain bikers in good health with basic mountain bike skills and using off-road bikes. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.