Starting from Fern Tree Park off Huon Road, Wellington Park, this return track takes you to Silver Falls via the Pipeline and Silver Falls tracks. Grand tree ferns protecting you from the sun, the constant sound of water and the peaceful ambience make your way towards the cascade quite enjoyable. You'll pass by Fern Tree Bower on your way, which used to be a well-known picnic site. Read the interpretive signs if you're interested in the history of this place. Then you'll make it to Silver Falls, a pretty little waterfall marking the midpoint of your journey. You can explore further if you have the time or retrace your steps from here. Dogs are only allowed on the Pipeline Track. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.