Starting from the main car park at the end of Ben Lomond Road, Ben Lomond National Park, this walk leads visitors from the alpine village to join the steeper and more challenging Summit Pass Track. This easy to moderate walk follows a well-built and well-signposted track through a mixture of alpine vegetation and rock scree. Ben Lomond has a stark, treeless landscape that is visible from much of Tasmania's north. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.