Starting from the dirt car park on Vancouver Road, Frenchman Bay, this walk takes you on a stroll around the bay. The walk offers visitors chances to observe the wildlife and enjoy the open coastal views. There is a platform at a vantage point for visitors to rest and enjoy the view. You can visit the area between June and November to observe the migratory whales and wildflowers. The path is formed well, with only gentle hilly sections.
Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.