The Chookarloo Walk is a short circuit starting from the Chookarloo Campground, partially following the Heysen Trail. The walk takes you through the shady pine forest and is pet-friendly, making it a great option for those travelling with pets. Additionally, the fallen trees around and along the trail are excellent opportunities for kids to have fun. Keep an eye out for interesting butterfly species as well. The track is marked with yellow & green markers and is shared with bikes. There is one toilet available at the start of the walk. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.