Starting from Christmas Tree Car Park, Bedfordale, this circuit walk gives you a taste of Bungendore Park via the Whistler Walk track. This little journey is all about the birdsongs and whistles --hence the name-- of the birdlife in the park. You can spot many cockatoo species here, like Carnaby, Baudin's and Red-tailed black cockatoos. You'll be surrounded by casuarina, marri, banksia and jarrah trees. The track is clearly marked with green signs and is quite sturdy. Please keep your dogs on a leash and use the dieback prevention stations. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.