1) Label the bag and place all ingredients into the allocated bag and container.
2) Copy or print out Method at camp and keep together with the bag.
1) In a pot add 3 cups of water then add the contents of Bag 1 (risoni mix), beef jerky and sun dried tomatoes.
2) Soak for a minimum of 10 mins to rehydrate the vegetables.
3) When the vegetables are ready, bring the pot to the boil and cook for 5-6 mins.
4) Add the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 mins.
5) Pour into bowl and drizzle with olive oil, enjoy.
Truffle oil is a nice variation if you want to carry some. Think about bringing along a small wedge or bag of grated parmesan cheese. It travels well and is a nice addition to this dish. Note that any variation will change the nutritional value.
This recipe is from the awesome Xtreme Gourmet book. You will find many more recipes and really helpful information on nutrition for your adventures. https://xtremegourmet.com/